About the Agency
Medicines and Medical Devices Agency of Serbia was founded by the Law on Medicines and Medical Devices (Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia No. 84/04 and 85/05 – another law). Acting Director of the Agency is Sasa Jacovic, M.D.sp.
Resources and properties for the Agency establishment and operation commencement consisted of the resources and properties of the Pharmacy Institute of Serbia which, by this law, stopped existing.
Monograph of the Medicines and Medical Devices Agency of Serbia
The monograph contains a brief description of duties within the scope of work and achievements that the agency has made in the past.
You can download the Monograph HERE
Our mission is to contribute to the accomplishment of the basic human right for quality, efficacious and safe medicines and medical devices accessibility as well as to promote and enhance public and animal health through:
- issuing marketing authorizations of solely quality, safe and efficacious medicinal products and medical devices,
- providing adequate information in order to ensure a safe and rational use of such medicinal products and medical devices, and
- quality control of medicinal products and medical devices which is in full compliance with all the national and international laws and standards.
Our vision is to be a modern, efficient and socially responsible institution which is to become a leading one in the SEE region. We shall accomplish our vision through the effective and efficacious processes of the quality management system which is in conformity with the ISO 9001:2008 requirements, through:
- establishment and maintenance of high level standards in a documentation evaluation procedure and quality control, and providing of an adequate information,
- continual studies and competence development,
- continuous quality management system improvement,
- development of a strong organizational culture and recognizable image,
- having a leading role of the management in the vision accomplishment.
establishment and maintenance of high level standards in a documentation evaluation procedure and quality control, and providing of an adequate information,
We believe we can meet all the challenges with our strength and stamina. Our performance is based on four basic principles:
- Social responsibility – as an institution we are firstly and mostly dedicated to human and animal health protection so all our work, professional and scientific competence are devoted to patients in Serbia. We are responsible to our social environment, users of our services, employees and founders.
- Leadership – we committed ourselves to setting high standards by our operation, to becoming a support to all the interested parties in respect of public health through knowledge and skills enhancement, as well as to ensuring a complete vision accomplishment by modern management.
- Trust – our further development is based on enhancement of mutual trust between us and our clients through joint performance and work transparency as well as on strengthening the belief in ourselves, i.e. our employees.
- Quality – we are devoted to achieving the highest quality of our services so the additional value for our clients, partners and employees can be accomplished.
Activities carried out in the Agency refer to the operations preceding the issuance of marketing authorizations and the activities carried out upon the marketing of medicinal products and medical devices.